5/14/10

Day 114: There is nothing like riding down the hill with the wind to your back...


Day 114

Day 113 Donations: $7.9927

Donations Running Total: $180.333

Today’s Growth Idea:   There is nothing like riding down the hill with the wind to your back to make you feel like you are in shape... then the ride home against the wind tells me where I really am.  Getting my exercise through biking really is good for me in every way.  I feel healthier, it clears my brain for a more productive day, and it gets the creative juices flowing... the smell of lilacs was a bonus.   Gave me some ideas for new glass pieces.  I'll post photos when done.

My History:   This is a blast from the past.  While going through my files I found this photo.  It brought a lot of controversy at the time.  In this picture you can see two of my boys during the renovation process.  They obviously got tired of pulling up carpeting and decided to have some fun.  Travis took the caution tape and tied Casey to one of the poles... then decided to pretend to hit him with a hammer.  A potential customer called into the radio station and threatened them if they advertised my grand opening... and on and on. The add read:  HELP!  What's happening here?  Come find out when you visit Pictures In Glass ~Stained Glass Studio ~ in downtown Adrian.  These guys were busy working on the renovation of our new location and decided to take some much needed time out.    This was in the Exponent on May 25, 1999.  Guess you had to be there to appreciate the humor.

Today's Business:  Trying to keep up with my help.  I have things coming at me from all sides today and no time to think.  So, I let them take the rest of this sunny day off while I try to organize so their next day back at work will be productive.  I'll be posting my garage sale items soon (things I have had since the studio shown above burned about 9 years ago!).

Today's New Product: 
These are hand painted broaches I purchased from Judy Jaussaud years ago.  They are often floral patterns edged in gold like the one shown here.








Pat Deere


LINKS:
 Jewelry page showing this broach.
Judy Jaussaud info.

No comments:

Post a Comment