5/17/10

Day 117: Time to paint!

Day 117 Growth Idea:  Don't forget to go back to the basics.  Time to get out the paints.

Day 116 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $181.1138

My History: Taking my history back to where I left off a couple of days ago, still working non-stop trying to get the studio ready.  Then I realize that moving into this large space requires a large amount of stuff to fill it up.  So, I started drawing out where everything would go so when my customers walked in, they would see finished pieces, as they walked back they would find sheets of glass, and behind the glass bins was my work area.

Today's Business:  Constantly running the kiln, organized my crushed glass with a new bin and containers so they are stored by color with glass codes on each container (yes!), updated my web site (yes!), and started to paint out the idea that just wasn't coming together.  I have been commissioned to work on a piece of crushed glass for a cottage.  This customer has wonderful art pieces with colors I would like to capture in my glass.  The cottage is on Devil's Lake where perch, blue gill, and large mouth bass are sought after.  Because of the unusual dimensions, molding, and open window space for this project... the best solution in my mind was a crushed glass piece that will combine 4 separate panels into one.  I can now comfortably start to layer my glass (yes!).

Today's Photo:  Under The Sea at Devil's Lake in the beginning stages on my easel.

Today's Product:  Rose colored crushed glass nightlight with fused glass bowl set.

Pat Deere

LINK:  Night Light & Bowl Set

No comments:

Post a Comment