5/15/10

Day 115:

Day 115

Day 114 Donations: $.7808

Donations Running Total: $181.1138

Today’s Growth Idea: Remembering the past but pushing on for today.

My History: Back tracking again... when I found this photo I had to post it.  My first studio was barely big enough for a 4'x8' work table, glass bins on one wall, a desk, and display units for a few items.  Hmmmm... where did I put my son.  I had Matthew at this time and was pregnant with my middle son, Travis.  What was I thinking?  Actually, what I was thinking was that following my passion would help me maintain my sanity in what was sometimes a pretty insane life.  I knew starting out would be difficult.  But, I also knew, eventually my boys would be grown and I could put the knowledge I was gaining from these experiences to good use.  That has proven to be true, but what a process to get there.

Today's Business: Lots of kiln work, glass crushing for future projects, and catching up today.  Getting a lot of items ready to add to my "Garage Sale Page" so Nicole can add them on Monday.  Now, it's time for a break so off for a bike ride on this beautifully sunny day.

Today's Photo:  This is pretty funny. My first studio in Tecumseh showing me teaching a class - I am on the far right.

Today's New Product:
 I often get asked to create stained glass pieces based on 12 step programs.  This is one of those pieces.  It is about 8" round, has some nice edge pieces making up the triangle, and "Free At Last!" painted on the bottom.

Pat Deere

LINKS:  Pictures In Glass web page for 12 Step items.

No comments:

Post a Comment