5/16/10

Day 116: Use my energy to capture ideas while they are hot... and give back where I can.

Day 116

Day 115 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $181.1138

Today’s Growth Ideas:  Use my energy to capture my ideas while they are hot and... give back where I can.

My History:  Taking my history back to where I left off a couple of days ago,

Today's Business:   While biking today, my kiln was running for a project that is due on Friday.  My first couple of tries resulted in cracked glass, telling me I was pushing the heat to fast and had to slow down.  So, at 8am this morning I put it in the kiln and turned it on low.  When I got back at about 4pm, the kiln was at about 800 degrees, and I could turn up the heat until I reached about 1500, the desired doneness for this project before venting it and shutting it off.  While babysitting my kiln, I worked on the piece shown in todays photo.  This has only been cut, and the words painted.  It still needs to go in the kiln for firing prior to foiling and soldering.  I am considering some kind of welded steel frame... still thinking about that one.   A couple of pieces are cut stone I got from my computer guy.  They are the iridized pieces on the hill. I wrote down this thought a couple of days ago and how true it was today.  The last 30 miles of my 50 mile ride were against a pretty hefty wind.  Definitely pushed me to my limit.

Today's Photo:  I call this one, "Biking Downhill".  It will be posted on my website when finished.  It may be a couple of weeks because my kiln has been firing daily for other projects I have been commissioned for.

Pat Deere

LINKS:  Dawn Farm - Ride For Recovery  The ride was great and they offer 10 and 25 mile rides as well as the 50 mile I went on.  Dawn Farm is a recovery center in Ypsilanti.  They are a worthy cause.  Join me for the ride next year or at least check out their web site for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment