3/23/09

Another fun glass!

This was one of my finds in Chicago on my last glass trip. This is a Spectrum glass, but it is transitional... meaning it is not a stock item. It is purple and teal on white. I have added this to my web site, but I only have 4 square feet of it.

A little education on transitional glasses... they are nice if you want something nobody else is going to have. The down side is, you probably will not be able to match it if you need to make a repair down the road.

In the case of Spectrum, you are likely to find something close because they are usually use their stock colors in the mix. Spectrum glass is a great glass for beginners because it cuts so well. They have a great pallet of colors to choose from. And, their colors often work well with those of other glass manufacturers.

Have fun with your art today!

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment