3/13/09

Mosaics in the process...

On February 21 & 23 I posted a couple of pictures of this mosaic in the process. I always like watching the process an artist goes through to make a piece of art from start to finish.

Well, this is still in the process but it is sooo close. They say a cobblers children has no shoes, and in my home I really don't have much glass. I'm trying to change that. This mosaic was actually done for my husbands electrical contracting business, Deere Electric Inc. Today I have laid the thinset and placed my mosaic (glued to mesh) in place. I am filling in the blanks where glass has either fallen out or not reached the edges the way it should. Once dry, I will be able to grout and seal it and it will be done.

Since today is my husbands 49th birthday, I thought it would be nice to have it finished for him today. It will actually be tomorrow before I can grout though. When it is completely finished, I will post some close up photos so you can see the details.

Ok - back to work. Have a wonderful week-end.

Pat Deere


1 comment:

  1. Pat, this is soooo pretty! He is going to be so proud of it. Great job and thanks for sharing. ~MP

    ReplyDelete