3/26/09

The Kiln Is On!!!!


Following up with yesterday's blog, I told you about my next project. I'll call this one, "At The Lake", and will be showing it at the Tecumseh Center For The Arts. The pallet of colors shows how I work with the glass. It is crushed into a variety of sizes, from about 1/4" to powdered glass. I layer it as I go along. The photo at the far left shows what it looks like in the kiln now, just prior to turning the kiln on.

And, Thank God I am writing this blog. After spending hours working on this piece, while I was writing this entry and describing the process... I realized I left my framework on my kiln shelf. What I mean by that is, as I am layering the glass in the kiln, I use metal framing to keep the shards in line so I have an even edge when it is fused together. Once the layering is done and prior to turning on the kiln, I remove those edges.

What is interesting to me, is seeing the photo of the glass. It actually gives me a much clearer picture of what the finished piece will look like than what I see with my own eyes. Of course, once fused, it will look even more different that what you see here because the glass pieces will have much softer edges.

Ok, back to work. I'll post a photo of the finished piece when done.

Pat Deere

Show Details: Tecumseh Center For The Arts, Art Glass Month Exhibit, Featuring: Lorenzo Cristaudo, Linda Jacobs, Pat Deere, Dates: March 28th - May 2, Reception: March 28th



1 comment:

  1. Oh Pat, this is beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete