8/30/10

Artprise Entry by the Svelata Foundation

Growth Idea:  Following artists on Facebook is a real motivator for me.  I have been following the work of Mia Tavonatti as she progresses on the mosaic shown here.  This is just a small portion of a large mosaic she is creating as an entry to the Artprise competition coming up in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  Unfortunately I will be gone during the voting part of the constest, but I will be back on time to visit Grand Rapids and look at all of the entries.  Any takers, let me know.  I will go sometime in early October and plan to make it a day trip.  If you have the time, a trip to Grand Rapids during the voting period would be a good use of time I would think.

I love the flow of color in this mosaic.  I love the glass chosen to depict the water scene.  And the composition itself is beautiful.  You will find it worth your while to click on the link below and see more pictures and read more about Mia and her foundation.

Today's Business:  My trip to Europe is just around the corner.  I have a couple more patterns I need to get ready and printed off before I go... so that is priority today.  I also need to get some money... exchange my US dollars for some Euro and I have been told the exchange is getting better so that is on my list today also.  I can't even imagine the emotion I will be experiencing when I enter the cathedrals and architecture of years past in London, Paris, Barcelona, Marsielle, and then again in Florence, Italy and Rome.  It is just sinking in that next Tuesday I will be on a plane that will lead me to a place that will undoubtedly change my artwork forever.  Can't wait!

Today's Product:  Classes, classes, classes in October.  I'll be able to start them when I return.

 Pat Deere

Links:
Svelata Foundation, Artprise Entry by Mia Tavonatti

No comments:

Post a Comment