8/12/10

Wheat doors heading to Ohio.


Although the 365 Day thing sounded like a good idea... as things changed, office staff changed, and my responsibilities changed, time just didn't permit.

Life has been busy.  Getting ready for my trip to Europe and trying really hard to finish all unfinished projects before I go.  We re also in the process of redoing our house - which I am not spending near the amount of time on I should be because of my priorities here.  Not bad problems though - I can't complain - just busy.

The kitchen cabinet doors shown here are for a customer who is redoing their kitchen - wheat is their theme.  They have a door with the wheat theme and wanted their cabinet doors to match.  These were made using clear GNA for the background because of the light texture and the customer wanting their items on the shelves to show through.  The wheat was made with clear textured glass as well with a black patina on the solder.

Simple but elegant.  And, it gives them the custom look they were wanting.  A detail of the wheat is shown here.

Going back to the 365 days idea... I think I will pick it up again at some point in time.  Continue with my history, etc.  It really helps me and hopefully helped a few people along the way.

Today's Growth Idea:  Hiring help where needed.  I have called in Vicki Philo.  Vicki has helped me in the past to keep up on things that fall behind for me.  Important things that I just can't seem to get to.  Usually it has to do with marketing for new business.  She is a blessing in disguise.  Because of the new newsletter I recently sent out, I got a call from a church in the Virgin Islands... YES the Virgin Islands.  We are just in the talking phase but a step in the right direction.  And, yesterday, because of her following up on letters to builders I  talked to in 2007, another job is on its way.  Sometimes I have to remember it pays to have other people do things I just can't get to.

Pat Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment