8/24/10

Students work donated to give back...

A while back during one of my free classes a student, Cal, worked diligently on this piece using scrap glass pieces I had in my studio and a few other fun findings.  When I was asked for an item to donate to the Art Affair in Tecumseh, I knew what piece to give.  This year I have made it a priority to to give a percentage of my income to charitable causes.  Part of the percentage comes in the way of donated glasswork.  So, thank you to my students for donating your time and for those of you who are local, be sure to check out the upcoming event:

CIS and CAT Art Affair - The Art Affair is a collaboration between Communities in Schools and Community Arts of Tecumseh
Join us on August 31st from 7-9 PM at the Tecumseh Country Club for a great evening of art demonstrations. There will also be art works available to win through a raffle drawing. Mary Rochelle Burnham will be doing caricatures. Tickets for the event can be purchased at the Art Center or at First Federal Bank for $20. Raffle tickets for the artwork are $5 each or 3 for $10.

Donated Item:  Above glasswork to the CIS / CAT for Art Affair Tecumseh.  If you have an event coming up, it is possible we can donate to your cause also.  Just let us know.

Day 163 Growth Idea: Letting people know what I do when I assume they should know already... is a mistake.  So today I am letting you know that along with free classes I give every now and then, I also give classes in bead making, traditional glass painting, sandblasting, stained glass, lamp making, and more.  Check out my classes website for more detail about what you can expect to learn in each class.  I also give private lessons which work out very well for certain customers.  Nobody goes home disappointed.
 
Pat Deere
 
Links:
List of glass classes
Communities In Schools
Community Arts Of Tecumseh:  Facebook, Blog
Art Affair Tecumseh (Article is at the bottom of the page.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment