8/23/10

Rose Carden Cabinet Door for a Manchester Kitchen

Today's Product:  My customer called looking for glass for a kitchen cabinet she said she had been intending to put glass into for 20 (+/-) years.  These openings were not very big and putting cut glass into them was possible, but I felt there was a better use of that space.  The glass shown here, I call Rose Garden.  It is a picture glass I had made for me from the glass manufacturer, Uroboros.  They made two types of this picture glass, one is the piece shown here and the other is the Iris glass.  Although the glass is one of my most expensive, it is such a beautiful piece that it does not pay to cut it into small pieces, thus saving on labor costs.

So, Saturday, Cheryl was able to walk into the studio, pick out her glass, have me cut it for her while she took off for a few minutes, and when she returned she had glass in the cabinet doors that had been left undone for 20 years.  It's nice when a project can be so quick and still meet my customers needs.  The link to this glass is below.

Today's Growth Idea: Listening to live music is always an energy booster.  This week-end I attended a wedding where the couple hired a Bluegrass band that I don't know the name of that was wonderful.  Honestly, it was not my first choice of music but was perfect for this wedding.  And the musicians were wonderful.  I gained a new appreciation.  After that we headed up to Habitat Ultralounge at Webers Inn in Ann Arbor and heard the Bugs Beddows Band. On their web site they describe themselves:  Trombone - Driven Rhythm & Blues and Funk - Hot, Danceable, Rockin' Rhythm & Blues - Plenty of Vocals, Horns, & Dancing! .  It was all that.  We danced the rest of the night and loved watching the band on the rare occasion we sat down.  What a great energy and idea booster that was.

Pat Deere
 
Links: 
Rose Garden Glass
Bugs Beddows Band
Habitat Ultralounge, Webers Inn, Ann Arbor

No comments:

Post a Comment