8/29/10

Finally something for my home!

Trying to prepare for my upcoming trip to Europe and I have decided to have Brandi, one of my helpers, work on the transom and sidelights for our  home which has been newly log sided so it will be ready to solder when return.

The glass has been picked out for a while.  I had a general idea of how I wanted the color of the glass to flow,  but I wasn't sure how I wanted it to pull it all together.

This is the design I have decided on.  One of my favorite multi colored glasses by Uroboros, their #6595, will be the basis for the design.  Our name and the ribbons will be cut using Youghiogheny Medium Amber Stipple Glass, #5002.  The ribbon-like pieces will have a contrasting green to pull together the green trim of the house and the hints of green in the Uroboros glass. 

One piece of the Uroboros has a lot of rustish colorations.  I anticipate putting that portion of the sheet around our last name, "DEERE".  On the bottom of the transom and into the top of the sidelights I plan to pull the blues out of the glass.  From there it will be a gradation of green and ambers.

You can see in the photo of the front of our home,  the spaces where the sidelights and transoms will go.  Our initial thought was to put glass in the upper sections of the log fans going across the top of the porch area.  But after rethinking that idea, I have decided against it.  The wood fan design looks great on its own and I don't want to take away from it.

More photos will be posted as I move along.  Pretty exciting for me.  We have lived in this house for 20 years and finally made the decision to stay in it and fix it up the way we want.  So, even though I have been working with glass for 30+ years... there really is not much in my home.  But, that is going to change.

Custom glass for your home could be customized to your taste just like this one has been customized to fit our needs.  For more on custom glasswork, click onto the link below.

Pat Deere

Links:  Custom Stained Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment