3/6/10

Day 45: Preparing for my glass buying trip to Chicago on Sunday.

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 45

Day 44 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $31.607.28

Today's Growth Idea:  Prepare for my trip to Chicago.  Ed Hoys, my main glass supplier, is having their annual sale this Sunday.  I have been in the past and always get great deals.  But, I am not always as prepared as I should be to maximize the trip.  That is changing today.

My History:  One of my biggest struggles at this point... still... is advertising.  Where to spend my money.  What advertising is working well.  What is not working.  I spent quite a bit of money on newspaper ads.  The only one that worked that I got a direct response from was a full page ad I did in combination with other businesses to advertise and event we planned for Lenawee County churches.  The ad was very expensive and did not bring in enough of a response to consider that type of advertising again.

Today's Business:  I have started, and will finish, pulling glass for all of my Flint windows.  I have talked about what a tight budget I have on these windows.  So, it is imperative for me to fully utilize whatever glass I have in stock and get the rest at a discount.  Dana is following up today on all of the leads we got from the Cottage and Lakefront show.

Pat Deere
 

No comments:

Post a Comment