3/10/10

Day 49: Know how to figure cash flow!

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 49

Day 48 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $31.607.28

Today's Growth Idea: Know how to figure cash flow!

My History:  You know how you have in your mind exactly what you want a studio to be.  I had seen a picture in a magazine of this studio/gallery that was long and skinny.  It had lights that came down from the ceiling in a variety of colors that lit the counter below.  It gave me ideas of what I wanted my ultimate studio to be.  This building was 2.5 floors high, it had a 16' sign, tin ceiling, trellis like structures perfect for hanging glass, and it would cost about the same per month that I was currently renting my space for.  I knew this was worth further investigation.
 
Today's Business:  We are finalizing quotes in response to the last show we attended and met with Graham Fleming (our representative from SCORE).  Graham is helping us understand how to read reports that will keep us on top of our business.  It is almost embarassing to say that report writing, reading, and deciphering has not been a common practice for us.  We use Quickbooks, but don't utilize it the way we should.  I am typing up my notes from our meeting to be sure we can adequately create and use the reports we create in the future.
 
Pat Deere
 
LINKS:  Custom designed lamps to work with your existing base can be made by us at Pictures In Glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment