3/10/10

Day 50: Do one thing at a time.

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 50

Day 49 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $31.607.28

Today's Growth Idea: Do one thing at a time.  Sometimes I can get overwhelmed with all that has to be done.  I will make plans to finish 10 things and at the end of the day only completely finish a couple.  I heard some good advice from somebody named Anne yesterday.   She said she has learned if she finishes completely, one thing at a time her life goes much smoother.  I can easily get sidetracked by starting one job, answering the phone and forgetting what I started so I go off on something new, only to find my unfinished project still sitting where I left it.

My History:  So I have found this building that I love from the outside and feel compelled to call and get information on.  I know I have already moved from my first little space, to my second location on the second floor of the Bidwell Building in Tecumseh, to my current location in a mall of sorts in Adrian.  Do I want to move all of that glass again?  Moving is not easy.  Moving thousands of square feet of glass is another issue all together.  My mind got clouded over with visions of a real sign, a 16' sign, lots of space, and knowing that once I have my own building I can do what I want with it and not have to move again.

Today's Business:  Dana and I have been doing great with our procedures manual and having regular meetings to keep up on what is going well and what still needs to be done.  Today we are having another meeting for that purpose.  Our manual is working well but we have quite a few pages that are hand written notes that need to be typed and added to the book so it can be properly used.  Yesterday my goal was to finish a leaded glass window, a pattern for another window, and start a pattern for some kitchen cabinet doors.  I got sidetracked, like I talked about in the beginning of this blog.  Today, I will write those things down on my list of important things and not forget about what most needs to be done today.

Today's Photo:  Earlier in a blog I mentioned working with the Seasons Restaurant in Adrian.  I ran across this news article that showed the interior of the building.  My lamps are on the ends of each of the long tables.  They were made with Spectrum glass, slumped over hand made molds, to create long molten looking pieces of glass to create the lamps with.

Pat Deere

Featured Glass:  Since we are talking about lamps, I am adding this new lamp to my web site for purchase.  Check it out on the link below!

LINKS:  http://www.picturesinglass.net/panelsandlamps

No comments:

Post a Comment