3/8/10

Day 48: Architectural salvage... I love it!

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 48

Day 47 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $31.607.28

Today's Growth Idea:  Architectural salvage businesses can be a real plus!  While in Chicago I was able to visit architectural artifacts, inc.  They are an architectural salvage store, museum and events business.  Had I not left my purse at home and had to depend on my friend for gas, food, and toll money, I probably would have made some purchases there.  I get such inspiration from a store like this and often find pieces I can use in my stained glass panels.  If you have time, check them out on the web and definitely visit them while in Chicago.

My History:  So I am going along with my business, raising my boys, bringing them to the studio often with me and still trying to figure out my sign situation.  As business people do, I am always looking for opportunities.  One of the local businesses, Smith's Cyclery, was selling their building.  I walked by, looked in the window, and oh my gosh...
 
Today's Business:  Catching up from the last week and week-end.  My glass did not come home with me, they will be shipping it.  I did get the drawing for my last window for Flint, and that is the Veterans Rights window.  So, I will be looking through my bins looking for glass that I have in stock, and figuring out what I will need to fill in the blanks.  I published my new blog and wrote to both churches looking for their input and photos.  Nothing real exciting today.  And... that's ok.
 
Today's Photo:  This came from the home page of architectural artifacts, inc.
 
Pat Deere
 
LINKS:  architectural artifacts, inc.  store  museum  events
ChurchesAndChapels.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment