3/8/10

Day 47: Our Lady of Lourdes Church

365 Days Of My Life As A Studio Artist: Day 47

Day 46 Donations: $

Donations Running Total: $31.607.28

Today's Growth Idea:  Getting inspiration from churches I have visited.  I have information on this church on my blog (with a link at the bottom of the page):  ChurchesAndChapels.blogspot.com .  I love visiting other churches when I travel.  This one is undergoing a lot of renovation, but we were able to visit it during the process.  Unfortunately, they were having a prayer vigil so I was not able to take my camera in for pictures.  I am emailing the church to see if they will send some I can post to my Churches and Chapels blog.

Today's Business:  Visited Ed Hoys in Chicago for a glass buying spree.  Picked up the glass I needed for my Flint windows, with a few exceptions.  Tried to keep the costs down because the budget on these windows is VERY tight.  But, I had to just go for a few pieces even though it was probably more than I should be spending.  I know people are not going to look at those windows and say, 'Wow, what a beautiful window for the price'.   They will be judging the windows on what they see, not how much I am being paid for them.  It is kind of a dilemma.  This piece of glass from Kokomo (Celtic, code: CEL) has an interesting story.  When I visted the Kokomo glass manufacturing building in Kokomo Indiana I was given a tour by one of the owners.  He showed me this glass, which was made by a glass restoration company to restore the public buildings in Texas.  The roll was given (or purchased?) by Kokomo Glass Company and now they make the same texture but are not allowed to make it in clear because that is the glass that was used for the restoration projects it was originally created for in Texas.  To make a long story short, this glass is what I will be using for the top of the building for my Arab American Civil Rights window.  You can visit Kokomo glass for tours of the building and watch their glass making process - great day trip!

Today's Photo:  Taken from the website:  http://ololchicago.parishesonline.com/scripts/HostedSites/org.asp?p=9&ID=5316

Pat Deere

LINKS:
http://www.churchesandchapels.blogspot.com/
Kokomo Glass Company

No comments:

Post a Comment