1/20/09

Crowds of 1 to 2 million expected at inauguration

Originally I wanted to post some information about my classes on Saturday, but I couldn't help but get excited about today. No matter where you stand on the issue of who won this presidency, you can't help be realize what a historical event it is.

I was told the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, in my home town, was hosting an event for people to watch the inaugurtion. So, when I got online, I found several events in our area. Here is the information for the TCA that came from the Daily Telegram web site. Here is the link for other sites: http://www.lenconnect.com/news/x497788232/Inauguration-viewing-sites-planned : The public is welcome to watch the inauguration on the big screen at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 N. Maumee St. The open house-style event, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., is free. Cowboys Grill will offer an inaugural lunch menu. Reservations are needed, and can be obtained by calling the TCA at 423-6617. I am going to do my best to make it there.

I would love to hear how you are planning to spend the day!

Pat

OF NOTE: By the way, be sure to check my web site. My free mosaic class and other classes are posted there. It is Saturday, so don't wait. My plan was to work on my mosaic mannequin, Tara. Maybe going to the inauguration event will push me into a different direction on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment