1/22/09

Forest Through The Trees

What a fun project this has been. I got the opportunity to go up to northern Michigan this past October. My husband and I were married for 26 years - yep! While driving, my camera was working overtime and we were constantly pulling over to the side of the road to get the magnificent beauty that you can only find there.

This glass is a result of the inspiration from that trip. I am working on putting it into a stained glass panel framed in bevels and probably copper tubing. I'll update this once the piece is done.

People often ask where my inspiration comes from... well, it comes from every day life. This time from the beauty of fall. This photo is actually taken of this piece while it is still in the kiln prior to firing. I used System 96 Cathedral glass and crushed it into various sizes and shapes. It is even more beautiful now that it is fired but it is so fun to see the before and after. So, keep watching. When I get it all done, I'll post the finished picture here as well.

Where does your inspiration come from?

Class Idea: As usual, I like to let my students know of class opportunities. This Saturday, if you would like to learn how to fuse or work on a fusing project that you have already started, I will be open for classes from 10am-2pm after my free mosaic class at 9.

Enjoy your surroundings and remember how they make you feel. You may want to put it into glass one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment