1/13/09

Fabric Paper Doll Making Demo @ LCVA - FREE

Greg Perez wrote: "I asked Pam Velner if she could describe her demonstration this Thursday & this is what she said,.... "

"I'll be demonstrating making a fabric paper doll wall hanging with reverse applique and surface embellishments. There will be a hands-on activity using a similar fusible approach with paper and cardboard to make jointed cardboard paper dolls. I will also be talking briefly about the techniques and materials I use to create my textile and mixed media 3-D figurative sculptures."

The demonstration is free to the public and will be held at the LCVA Gallery in downtown Adrian from 6pm to 8pm. The LCVA Gallery is located at 112 W. Maumee Street, Adrian, MI.

In the weeks to come the LCVA will also give the following free demonstrations:
Wednesday, Jan 21, 7-9 pm: Paper making with Pi Benio
Thursday, Jan 29, 6-8 pm: Linocut printmaking with me, Gregg Perez

When I looked up "Fabric Paper Doll" on the internet, this was the only photo I could find. I found it at the link below and it is available on etsay: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_8&listing_id=16673810 . I am anxious to see what an artist does with a fabric paper doll.


SALE: Don't forget my glass sale this Saturday from 9am-3pm. Free Glass & Discounted Glass 20%-50%.

No comments:

Post a Comment