1/24/09

Inspirational Students on a Sunny Michigan Saturday

What a fun day! Today was my Free Mosaic Class day and I had 3 students attend with various levels of experience. It never fails that students inspire me and they did today - whether they knew it or not.

I meant to snap a picture while they were here working and... we got talking about mosaics of all kinds, pottery, bead making, fusing, art shows... and on and on and the picture was forgotten.

We were working on Tara here. You can see her laying on the table behind my mosaic sample board for another project I applied for. You have seen Tara before and she is getting closer to being done, with the help of Kerry, Joann, and Phil today.

Phil is working on an idea that will require gluing musical wire (like guitar strings) to glass. Today we tried using KOA 300 and an ultraviolet light. It worked for a while and then broke loose. I am going to try again to see if we can get it to work well. If there are any suggestions from people who have had similar situations and you found a combination that works, let us know!

As soon as I am done here, I will be leaving for Toledo to check out the building that Art-O-Matic 419 will take place at in April. I will be one of the exhibiting artists and don't even really know what it involves. I know there will be artists of all kinds, including poets, musicians, etc. and thought it sounded like a fun mix. I'll let you know more as I get information.

Chicago is my destination on Tuesday. I will be visiting my supplier to pick up some large pieces of glass and always something real unusual that I will use for something some day. If you need anything, let me know before Monday evening and I will pick it up for you when I go.

That's it for today. Enjoy your Saturday. It's SUNNY here in Michigan today!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment